Unfortunately, there is no universal answer to this question.
The truth is that the duration of pest control treatments largely depends on the type of pest you have in your home.
General pest control treatments usually last a few months, ranging between 3 weeks up to 6 months, if done by a professional.
In addition, general treatments focus on common insects found in most homes, such as cockroaches, spiders, ants, silverfish, among others. However, they do not target pests like termites.
⚠ Disclaimer: The duration of treatments just mentioned above does not apply to pest control of large bugs or other pests such as rats or mice.
A general pest control treatment involves:
- A technician spraying high-quality pesticides on your home baseboards.
- In some cases, it also includes spraying pesticides on the outside of your home. Outdoor pesticides help prevent insects from entering your property.
While general pest control treatments can last a few months, one treatment does not guarantee a lifelong defense against typical household pests.
So, when asked: how long does pest control lasts, the best answer is that you should implement the treatments periodically during a scheduled period. This period varies depending on your house features and conditions, but to make sure your home is protected throughout the year, most companies recommend quarterly visits. However, it is always better to consult pest control experts to seek a qualified opinion that is specific to your house situation.
- For fumigation to be effective and last longer, it is essential to be done regularly and not as a one-off event.
- Prevention is still the best remedy when it comes to not having problems with pests.
- The periodicity and quality of the treatment are key to keep the most varied pests away.
For more information about pests, visit our blog and if you are looking for qualified pest control technicians, contact The 99 People today!